Golden Ears Bridge Toll Systems, Operations, and Maintenance
The project was the first All Electronic Tolling project in British Columbia, Canada. Egis managed over one million accounts with approximately one-third being registered transponder or video accounts.
In the nine years of operations, we achieved 96% of 69 KPIs and received a 96% Customer Satisfaction rating. Since 2009, we managed the inbound call volume with a performance requirement of 80% of all incoming calls to be handled in 20 seconds. Throughout the contract, we averaged approximately a 15-second Average Speed of Answer (ASA).
Egis activities includes:
- Provision of facilities and staff for customer tag accounts (opening and closing) either by telephone (24/7), internet website (24/7) or at a commercial office 10 hours per day.
- Processing of all tag transactions, collection of tolls from customer accounts and payments and transfers to and from the clearing bank, and interoperability.
- Provision and distribution of tags to customers.
- Daily reconciliation of all monies transferred, paid or collected.
- Daily activity/financial and KPI reporting.
- Provision of customer transaction statements via dedicated website or by mail.
- Ongoing database administration and software support
Since 2011, we have achieved a Customer Service Center Certified Center of Excellence Benchmark Portal Top 25 Call Center award, as well as the ISO 9001 Certified Quality Management System certification. GEB was ranked in the top 25 of North American Call Centers by Benchmark Portal for three years in a row and in 2018 ranked as the #1 Call Centers in North America for call centers with less than 49 call seats – for all industries – not just tolling.
As the prime contractor, Egis was also responsible for implementation of the roadside tolling system and the back-office system software and for the O&M of both tolling systems.